Dance on Demand
DANCE on Demand
. . . a new sense of movement from NLB
What is DANCE on Demand?
DANCE on Demand is a digital initiative that brings the contemporary dance of Germany to Singapore. As the world’s first digital film database of German dance, this collaborative project between the National Library Board, Goethe-Institut Singapore and Deutsches Tanzfilminstitut Bremen combines digitally re-mastered films, photographs and textual information to create an important resource for students and practitioners while providing a rich cultural experience for anyone interested in dance or movement.
It makes it so easy to learn more about each performance piece as well as individual choreographers, dancers, and specific styles.
100 films showcasing modern dance through the eyes of film-makers, dancers and choreographers. View these films at library@esplanade or Goethe-Institut Singapore
Through a contemporary frame the performance pieces range from ballet-form to avant garde – innovative yet classic!
Highlights the key dancers and choreographers who have illuminated contemporary German dance
Profiles the main dance companies and institutions from Germany
Dance is life! DANCE on Demand reflects life in all its diversity through the changing medium of movement
How to access DANCE on Demand?
- Go to NLB’s eResources page.
- Browse by Subject > Arts > Dance on Demand
For the full video experience
- Go to the Multimedia stations at library@esplanade or Goethe-Institut Singapore
- Choose an access point: Films, Performances, People, Institutions or Themes
- Click on the film or performance of your choice.
- Click on Play Video under the main image.
- View full screen by right clicking on video and selecting Zoom > Full Screen.